YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Established in 1999, Opal is the leading company in the Industrial Packaging Products market in Turkey with a total annual capacity of 10.000 tons in both PET and PP production, making us the largest strap manufacturer in the region. Certified as per ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and REACH, we are the only manufacturer in Turkey to possess the Know-How to produce baling strap for cotton and acrylic fibre industries.
- Know the industry
- Examine the specific needs of customer
- Field observations
- Sample tests and analyses in our test center
We mainly export our products to the EU, North America, North Africa, Middle East, Russia and CIS and Australasia.
OPAL’ S STRENGTHS
- The Know-How to produce wider, thicker and stronger PET strap that has a higher breaking strain, used in specialised industries.
- Ability to produce the strap from 100 % recycled material.
- Ability to produce both Automatic Machine and Handtool grade PET strap.
- The Know-How of both extrusion and cutting production process. ability to produce PET strap in a wide range of dimensions from 9 mm to 32 mm.
- Possessing the technology to produce baling strap for cotton and acrylic fibre industries.
- Have the technology of producing customised strap in every colour and by printing the logo or brand on the strap.
- Since OPAL is not a manufacturer of machines unlike other strap producers, we are able to produce PET strap that runs on every brand machine.
- OPAL has the largest production capacity in the region.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO THE ENVIRONMENT
Opal is committed to protecting the environment and using natural resources responsibly. This does not only include self-imposed environmental requirements such as the economical use of energy, raw materials and water or the regular certifications according to EN ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001, but also the consistent implementation of vertical integration of production processes, from PET recycling to the production of strapping. PET recyclates are not only used as raw materials for new pet bottles or for fibers and foils, they are also used in the production of PET strap. OPAL PET straps are made from 100% recycled PET, which comes from recycling of pet bottles. Since pet strap can be recycled in the same way after use, a closed material cycle is made possible that sustainably protects natural resources. Strapping made from recycled pet is free of contamination due to its material properties, complies with REACH standards and can be part of a closed material cycle when it comes to responsible and environmentally friendly disposal.
ADVANTAGES OF PET STRAP OVER STEEL STRAP
- Recycled, lighter and easier to handle
- More economical by 30-40 %
- Does not tear easily due to its flexibility
- Durability against corrosion and does not rust
- Safer to use since sharp edges of metal strap can cause occupational hazard (safe to use even without protective gloves)
- Easier and cleaner usage
- Weight of the metal strap coils are around 40-50 kg, whereas PET strap coils are around 20-25
- Can be recycled and is environmentally friendly.